- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Back Pain Treatment in Oklahoma City
Approximately 22 million Americans seek out treatment from a chiropractor, and in approximately a third of the cases, those treatments are sought due to back pain. If you are one of the many that struggle with chronic back pain, herniated discs, or sciatica pain and have been looking for a chiropractic clinic near Oklahoma City, then we invite you to check out what we have to offer at Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic.
Conditions That Warrant Back Pain Treatment in Midwest City
Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City, OK, helps many that are seeking back pain relief in Oklahoma City. Our chiropractor, Dr. Steve Sweeney , approaches back pain treatment in Midwest City in a holistic way that combines chiropractic treatments, nutrition, and exercise advice so that your visits to the chiropractor in OKC is well worth your while. Our methods are non-invasive, and treatment is done without the need for medications in most cases. Here are some of the common causes of back pain that we can provide relief for,
- Sacroiliac SI Joint Pain - It is suspected that sacroiliac joint pain is caused by the movement of that joint in a way other than how it is supposed to move. Pain may be felt because of too much or too little movement. Too little movement is felt in the lower back or buttocks and can extend into the leg, similar to sciatica. If too much movement occurs, pain goes to the lower back and hip and moves to the groin area.
- Myofascial or Muscle Pain - Myofascial pain is muscle pain caused by injury to muscle fibers either through lack of activity or repetitive motion. The pain occurs when soft tissues (fascia) within a muscle group become inflamed and triggers the myofascial pain generator. The trigger point may or may not be located near the actual site of the pain.
- Pinched Nerve and Disc Bulge -The bones in the spine are cushioned by flat discs, that can become bulged or broken due to wear and tear or a specific injury. The damaged or herniated disc then presses on a nerve root. The resulting pain, numbness, or tingling is often described as a pinched nerve.
- Scoliosis - Scoliosis is a condition caused by a curved spine and may be structural or nonstructural. Structural scoliosis is often related to a birth defect of a genetic condition, and is not reversible. With nonstructural scoliosis, the spine looks curved, but functions normally. It is a side effect of other problems, such as muscle spasms and inflammation. The wearing out of discs and joints in the back can cause degenerative scoliosis.
- Sciatica - Sciatica pain occurs in the lower back and radiates down the leg due to the pinching of the sciatic nerve.
- Lumbar Muscle Strain - Is another way to say lower back muscle strain, and it occurs because the lower back carries much of a person's body weight, as well as other weight that they might be carrying. Muscle tissues tear when they are strained too far, causing pain. Heavy lifting, being overweight, falling, and physical over- exertion can all result in lower back pain.
Seeing a Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief Oklahoma City
When you come into Sweeney Chiropractic with back pain, the first step to getting you the treatment you need is to conduct an initial consultation exam.
- An Initial Consultation is conducted in order to discover why you are experiencing back pain and discuss which course of treatment is most likely to be effective. A few of the more common chiropractic services we go to when treating back pain include
- Electric Muscle Simulations - Works by administering a low voltage electric current to the injured area to stimulate muscles and help the healing process begin.
- Ultrasounds -Ultrasounds relax and stimulate injured areas resulting in increased blood flow, reduced pain and swifter healing.
- Spinal Adjustments - Correct misalignments of the spine that are causing pain and pressure on the joints in the back. With this treatment we are often able to reduce inflammation, lessen pain in the lower back, and correct many problems that are present due to posture issues.
Other Back Pain Treatments in Midwest City
In addition to these services, there are many supportive services you can get from our chiropractor, Dr. Sweeney, that are effective supplemental services including
- Massage Therapy - Helps to loosen stiff muscles and reduce tension while increasing blood flow throughout the spine.
- Lifestyle Advice - At times back pain can be reduced just by doing things a little differently in your everyday life, such as sleeping in a different position, or using a different lift technique. Our chiropractor in Midwest City OK is ready to help you learn the types of adjustments can help reduce instances of pain.
- Nutritional Counseling - Nutritional counseling for many means advice on how to ear better to lose weight, but it can also be advice on getting the right nutrients that will help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Exercise Guidance - Whether you are attempting full workout despite chronic back pain or just need to be given a few stretches to help you out of a painful situation, at Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic we can provide the exercise guidance needed to help build your strength and prevent further injury as much as possible.
Get Back Pain Treatment from Our Oklahoma City Chiropractor
Back pain is common, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to suffer. If you need a chiropractor in the OKC area, contact us at Sweeney Chiropractic Clinic in Midwest City, OK at (405) 672-4800 to schedule an assessment.